CID police files chargesheet in PGCET scam
Bellary: State CID on Tuesday filed a
chargesheet against 25 persons in connection with alleged
irregularities in the entrance test to Vijayanagar Institute
of Medical Sciences (VIMS) Post-Graduate entrance exam.
CID Deputy Superintendent of Police Chalapathy submitted
the 500-page chargesheet to the Judicial Magistrate First
Police have named Dr Vinayak Prasanna as the main
accused. His wife Dr Vanaja, Dr Kiran, Dr Diwakara Gatti and
Dr Fedrick have been listed as the other accused.
CID was entrusted with the probe into alleged
irregularities in selection of candidates for PG courses in
VIMS during the Common Entrance Test held on January 30. It
arrested 12 persons on October 21 and the others later.
Dr Prasanna had surrendered before the court on Oct 25.
The scam came to light two months back when some
candidates complained to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health
Sciences Registrar about alleged malpractices in the conduct
of the recent post-graduate medical entrance exam after
results showed the 11 top ranks were bagged by those who had
appeared at VIMS` centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?