Cong win in Karnataka good for state: Yeddyurappa
Udhagamandalam: Karnataka Janata Paksha president B S Yeddyurappa on Saturday described the Congress win in May 5 assembly polls as good for the state, but said it remained to be seen how the party was going to govern.
"Yes. Congress win is good for Karnataka. This is a honeymoon period for that party and it has to be seen how they (the leaders) are going to govern in future," Yeddyurappa told reporters.
Responding to question on reports blaming his party for the return of the Congress to power in Karnataka after a long gap, he said the people had given the verdict and his party had nothing to do with it.
Stating categorically that he would never return to his parent party the BJP, Yeddyurappa said it was a major achievement that his five-month old KJP garnered 10 per cent of the total votes polled and got six seats in the Assembly.
On the Cauvery water dispute, the former chief minister said there was no water in Cauvery even for drinking purpose. Moreover, these water disputes could not be resolved through courts or tribunals, but only through mutual and cordial dialogue between the two states.
After hectic electioneering and political tension, he had come to Ooty (Udhagamandalam) to relax with his family after a gap of 15 years, Yeddyurappa quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested