Congress in Karnataka gearing up for Lok Sabha polls
Bangalore: Having struck in a big way in the recent Assembly polls, the ruling Congress in Karnataka has begun the spadework for the next year`s Lok Sabha elections eyeing to replicate the success with a target to win all the 28 seats in the state.
In the first preparatory step, KPCC President G Parameshwara today on Tuesday announced appointment of observers for all Lok Sabha constituencies with their task being to interact with local leaders and party workers for a feedback on the ground reality.
The observers had been given a one-month time frame to provide their assessment to the Pradesh Election Committee which would in turn send it to the party central panel, Parameshwara told reporters here.
"We will try to win all the 28 Lok Sabha seats. We are confident," he said while conceding that the Congress now with seven seats was aiming high.
In the Assembly polls, the Congress had bounced back to power with a spectacular haul of 122 seats, unseating the BJP Government.
Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh, newly-made in charge of party affairs in Karnataka, would be here on a two-day visit from July 1 to interact with party leaders and others, he said.
Parameshwara said KPCC would be revamped that would mean that Ministers who are party office-bearers would have to make way for others.
On the government`s move to sell cheap liquor, he said it was only a "loud thinking" but nevertheless defended it saying the intention was to provide quality liquor at less price.
Excise yielded the second highest revenue for the state and the resources so mobilised could help in reducing taxes that would benefit the commonman, he said. Providing cheap liquor would only help the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly