Corporator arrested for murder of RTI activist, gets bail
Bangalore: A local court on Friday granted bail to a city corporator, arrested last year for the alleged murder of an RTI activist.
The Fourth Fast Track (FTC) court granted relief to Gowramma, Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) Corporator from Azadnagar, on a personal bond of Rs one lakh and two sureties. He was arrested in December 2012.
Lingaraju, an RTI activist, was hacked to death by some unidentified persons in November last year allegedly at the behest of Gowrammma and her husband Govindaraju against whom the deceased had filed a complaint before the Lokayukta Court for possessing assets disproportionate to their known sources of income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband