Drop Katti for repeated demand for separate stateh
Bangalore: Congress on Monday demanded that Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar drop Belgaum district incharge minister Umesh Katti from the Cabinet for his repeated demand for separate statehood for North Karnataka.
"The Chief Minister should drop Katti for repeatedly making statements of separate statehood for North Karnataka," Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee President G Parameshwar told reporters after meeting Shettar at his house here.
Such a step would send a strong message to those giving out statements detrimental to the unity of Karnataka, he said.
Parameshwar invited Shettar to attend the inauguration of various developmental projects in his Assembly constituency, Koratagere,
"I did not discuss politics with Shettar," he said to a query.
He described as an `eyewash`, the recent Cabinet meeting at Gulbarga, saying Shettar was aware that decisions taken there could not be implemented if the state goes to the polls in next six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ICSI CS foundation exam 2016 result announced, log on to icsi.examresults.net to check your scores
- Goa RSS chief resigns from committee set up for CM's birthday
- Helicopter parenting may up depression risk in your kids
- Cabinet clears mineral exploration policy
- Unbelievable! Gujarat researchers find traces of gold in urine of Gir cows