JDS worker nabbed for murder of actress wife
Bangalore: The husband of Kannada TV actress Hemashri has been arrested in connection with her mysterious death, police said on Thursday.
Surendra Babu, a JDS worker and a realtor, was arrested yesterday on the basis of a complaint by the father of the actress, who died under mysterious circumstances two days ago.
Babu was produced before the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Court which remanded him to ten days police custody, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North Division) H S Revanna told PTI.
Hemashri, who had in the past complained of harassment by Babu whom she married last year, was proceeding to Hyderabad along with him in a car when she felt giddiness and started vomitting.
She was rushed to a hospital but declared brought dead.
Revanna said Hemashri`s father suspected Babu to be the culprit behind her death.
However, only after getting the post-mortem report appropriate action can be initiated, Revanna said, adding Babu had been taken into police custody for interrogation.
Hemashri, who used to act in Kannada serials and was married to Babu for 16 months, had somtime ago filed a police complaint stating that her parents had married her "forcibly".
Subsequently, she had also complained to the then Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Alok Kumar that she was being harassed by her husband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes