Justice Subash B Adi sworn in as second Upalokayukta
Bangalore: Justice Subhash B Adi was on Saturday sworn-in as the second Upalokayukta in Karnataka.
Governor H R Bhardwaj administered the oath of office at a ceremony at the Raj Bhavan.
Minister for Urban Development S Suresh Kumar and others were present on the occasion.
Hailing from Belgaum, sixty two-year-old Justice Adi started his career as a lawyer in 1978. He was appointed Additional Judge on January 6, 2006, and confirmed as a regular judge on March 1, 2007.
The first Upalokayukta of the state was Justice SB Majage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway