Karnataka: 1 more youth arrested in terror modules case
Bangalore: Bangalore police have arrested one more youth with alleged links to Lashkar and HuJI as it intensified investigation into terror modules busted in the state, taking the number of those detained in this connection to 13.
City Police Commissioner B G Jyothiprakash Mirji today said the Central Crime Branch wing of the city police arrested 22-year-old Mohammed Akram last night near Majestic area of the city while he was trying to flee from here.
"One foreign-made 7.65 mm pistol along with 16 cartridges and other incriminating articles have been recovered from his possession," Mirji told reporters here.
During preliminary inquiry it was learnt that he hails from Maharashtra`s Nanded district. He had been to Saudi Arabia for a year and returned to India, he said.
"It is also learnt that he was taking shelter in Bangalore city for past several days and along with other arrested accused, he was hatching a conspiracy to execute target killings in Bangalore and elsewhere," he said.
However, after the arrest of the other accused, he had gone into hiding and was trying to escape from the city when the police apprehended him.
The team constituted to investigate this "terrorist case" registered in Basaweshwaranagar police station here is continuing with thorough investigation at an undisclosed place and the investigation is in progress, police officials said.
With this, the number of arrested in connection with the case has gone up to 13.
Obedulla-Ur-Rehman (21) was arrested in Hyderbad on Friday on the basis of information given by the 11 terror suspects taken into custody in Hubli and Bangalore earlier last week.
Obedulla-Ur-Rehman along with others had conspired to kill two corporators and one prominent leader of a Hindu organisation of Hyderabad, police said yesterday.
City police on August 29 arrested the 11 persons -- six from Bangalore and five from Hubli -- with alleged links to Lashkar-e-Taiba and HuJI and claimed to have foiled their plan to target MPs, legislators and mediapersons besides leader of a Hindu outfit.
The 11 arrested included a journalist, a doctor and a Junior Research Fellow with Defence Research and Development Organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’