Karnataka Budget Session from Feb 4, Budget on Feb
Bangalore: Even as the threat of B S Yeddyurappa`s KJP to `topple` the ruling BJP lurks, the government on Saturday decided to hold the Budget Session from February 4 and present the 2013-14 Budget proposals on February 8.
The Cabinet at its meeting here today decided to convene short session of the legislatures from Feb 4 to Feb 13.
Governor H R Bhardwaj would deliver his address to the joint sitting of both houses on the opening day. On Feb 8,Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar, also in-charge of the Finance Department, will present his maiden budget, Urban Development Minister S Suresh Kumar told reporters here.
Supporters of Karnataka Janatha Party leader and former Chief Minister Yeddyurappa have been claiming that the Shettar government will collapse as more than 20 MLAs and a few ministers would resign en masse on January 23.
However, Yeddyurappa has maintained he would not set any deadline to bring down the BJP government.
The state is expected to face assembly polls in April-May this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview