Karnataka Budget Session from Feb 4, Budget on Feb
Bangalore: Even as the threat of B S Yeddyurappa`s KJP to `topple` the ruling BJP lurks, the government on Saturday decided to hold the Budget Session from February 4 and present the 2013-14 Budget proposals on February 8.
The Cabinet at its meeting here today decided to convene short session of the legislatures from Feb 4 to Feb 13.
Governor H R Bhardwaj would deliver his address to the joint sitting of both houses on the opening day. On Feb 8,Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar, also in-charge of the Finance Department, will present his maiden budget, Urban Development Minister S Suresh Kumar told reporters here.
Supporters of Karnataka Janatha Party leader and former Chief Minister Yeddyurappa have been claiming that the Shettar government will collapse as more than 20 MLAs and a few ministers would resign en masse on January 23.
However, Yeddyurappa has maintained he would not set any deadline to bring down the BJP government.
The state is expected to face assembly polls in April-May this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!