Karnataka CM to expand ministry `shortly`
Bangalore: Burdened with as many as 16
portfolios, Karnataka Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda on Thursday
said he proposed to expand his ministry `shortly` and would
seek the party central leadership`s nod for the exercise.
"In a couple of days I would start consultation with senior
leaders and also the party high command seeking permission to
expand the ministry", Gowda told reporters here.
"It is my personal thinking (on ministry expansion plan)"
Gowda, however, hastened to add.
Gowda admitted that he was facing `tremendous` work
pressure and wanted to lighten the burden by inducting
experienced ministers and also newcomers.
With the death of higher education minister VS Acharya on
Tuesday and the resignation of three ministers over the porn
scandal, there are eleven ministerial berths vacant in the
state as against the permitted strength of 34.
Gowda disagreed with the decision of Congress and JDS
decision to boycott the House Committee being set up to probe
into the porn clips viewing by three former ministers and
requested them to participate in the committee and express
He said procedures required to be followed for appointing a
new lokayukta were being adhered to by him and asserted "I
need not go by what opposition says. As Chief Minister I know
Opposition Congress leader Siddaramaiah had suggested
convening a meeting of floor leaders and others to elicit
opinion on the choice of new head for Lokayukta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights