Karnataka Lokayukta raids against Congress MLA
Bangalore: Lokayukta sleuths on Friday conducted searches on eight premises belonging to Congress MLA Baburao Chinchansur in connection with the disproportionate asset case filed against him.
The searches were held in two places each in Gulbarga, Chitapur, Humnabad and Bangalore, a Lokayukta release said.
Documents concerning various properties were seized, it said.
The authorities said they were perusing 12 bank accounts and estimating the value of some of the properties found.
Shantappa had filed a private complaint against Chinchansur, Gurumitkal constituency MLA, accusing him of amassing Rs 12.92 crore worth of assets which are disproportionate to the known sources of income of the legislator.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics