Karnataka Lokayukta raids against Congress MLA
Bangalore: Lokayukta sleuths on Friday conducted searches on eight premises belonging to Congress MLA Baburao Chinchansur in connection with the disproportionate asset case filed against him.
The searches were held in two places each in Gulbarga, Chitapur, Humnabad and Bangalore, a Lokayukta release said.
Documents concerning various properties were seized, it said.
The authorities said they were perusing 12 bank accounts and estimating the value of some of the properties found.
Shantappa had filed a private complaint against Chinchansur, Gurumitkal constituency MLA, accusing him of amassing Rs 12.92 crore worth of assets which are disproportionate to the known sources of income of the legislator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list