Karnataka Lokayukta raids against Congress MLA
Bangalore: Lokayukta sleuths on Friday conducted searches on eight premises belonging to Congress MLA Baburao Chinchansur in connection with the disproportionate asset case filed against him.
The searches were held in two places each in Gulbarga, Chitapur, Humnabad and Bangalore, a Lokayukta release said.
Documents concerning various properties were seized, it said.
The authorities said they were perusing 12 bank accounts and estimating the value of some of the properties found.
Shantappa had filed a private complaint against Chinchansur, Gurumitkal constituency MLA, accusing him of amassing Rs 12.92 crore worth of assets which are disproportionate to the known sources of income of the legislator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das