Karnataka Lokayukta raids against Congress MLA
Bangalore: Lokayukta sleuths on Friday conducted searches on eight premises belonging to Congress MLA Baburao Chinchansur in connection with the disproportionate asset case filed against him.
The searches were held in two places each in Gulbarga, Chitapur, Humnabad and Bangalore, a Lokayukta release said.
Documents concerning various properties were seized, it said.
The authorities said they were perusing 12 bank accounts and estimating the value of some of the properties found.
Shantappa had filed a private complaint against Chinchansur, Gurumitkal constituency MLA, accusing him of amassing Rs 12.92 crore worth of assets which are disproportionate to the known sources of income of the legislator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"