Karnataka Lokayukta raids against Congress MLA
Bangalore: Lokayukta sleuths on Friday conducted searches on eight premises belonging to Congress MLA Baburao Chinchansur in connection with the disproportionate asset case filed against him.
The searches were held in two places each in Gulbarga, Chitapur, Humnabad and Bangalore, a Lokayukta release said.
Documents concerning various properties were seized, it said.
The authorities said they were perusing 12 bank accounts and estimating the value of some of the properties found.
Shantappa had filed a private complaint against Chinchansur, Gurumitkal constituency MLA, accusing him of amassing Rs 12.92 crore worth of assets which are disproportionate to the known sources of income of the legislator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days