Karnataka polls: `Little Man` sought after for his
Bangalore: Let his little persona not fool you, this small man`s forceful voice is most sought after by the candidates during electioneering.
Hardly three feet tall, CK Vijay Kumar`s booming voice catches the attention of one and all as he campaigns for candidates from an auto using a mike.
Be it BJP or Congress, the 36 year-old Kumar is in great demand during elections.
The physical deformity that Kumar suffers from is the result of a polio attack when he was just six months.
The deformity, however, never stood in the way of his academic pursuit and he completed his second year Pre-University course with flying colours.
Unfortunately, Kumar could not study further due to financial constraints.
He now earns a living by making envelopes and doing small tailoring jobs.
His rich baritone and his public speaking skills have helped him to earn some extra bucks during elections.
"The way he speaks, makes you stop and listen to what he is saying. His voice is his USP (Unique Selling Proposition) and has candidates scouting for him", says a BJP worker.
Kumar first realised his oratory skills when he campaigned in the 1994 assembly elections for a BJP candidate.
He has campaigned for different political parties since then.
"I am able to make Rs 1,000 per day during polls which is dream money for me", says Kumar.
Kumar has been campaigning for H Ravindra, the BJP candidate from Govindarajnagar constituency for the May 5 polls in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray