Man held for `raping` teenage daughter in Karnataka
Bangalore: A 42-year old man has been arrested on the charge of raping his own teenaged daughter near here, police said on Tuesday.
Naushad of Bangalore Rural district had raped his 16-year old daughter last night when his wife was away, they said.
In another incident in the state, a youth was arrested for alleged sexual assault of a ten-year old girl at Itagi village in Bellary district.
Sanjay Naik had sexually abused the girl while she was grazing a herd of goats in a field, police said.
The two incidents were reported even as the state government announced in the past few days various measures, including a help line and a campaign, to put down crime against women in the backdrop of public outcry following the Delhi gang-rape incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested