Man held for `raping` teenage daughter in Karnataka
Bangalore: A 42-year old man has been arrested on the charge of raping his own teenaged daughter near here, police said on Tuesday.
Naushad of Bangalore Rural district had raped his 16-year old daughter last night when his wife was away, they said.
In another incident in the state, a youth was arrested for alleged sexual assault of a ten-year old girl at Itagi village in Bellary district.
Sanjay Naik had sexually abused the girl while she was grazing a herd of goats in a field, police said.
The two incidents were reported even as the state government announced in the past few days various measures, including a help line and a campaign, to put down crime against women in the backdrop of public outcry following the Delhi gang-rape incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre