Man held for `raping` teenage daughter in Karnataka
Bangalore: A 42-year old man has been arrested on the charge of raping his own teenaged daughter near here, police said on Tuesday.
Naushad of Bangalore Rural district had raped his 16-year old daughter last night when his wife was away, they said.
In another incident in the state, a youth was arrested for alleged sexual assault of a ten-year old girl at Itagi village in Bellary district.
Sanjay Naik had sexually abused the girl while she was grazing a herd of goats in a field, police said.
The two incidents were reported even as the state government announced in the past few days various measures, including a help line and a campaign, to put down crime against women in the backdrop of public outcry following the Delhi gang-rape incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Chinese Asst Minister terms border dispute and 'some other issues' as major challenges for Sino-Indian bilateral ties
- Arun Jaitley to meet PM Modi after Subramanian Swamy's tirade against FinMin bureaucrats
- Congress in-charge of Punjab meets Sonia
- Raghuram Rajan is no less patriotic, he loves India, says PM Narendra Modi
- Gold price gets a leg-up from global leads, jewellers' buying