Man held for `raping` teenage daughter in Karnataka
Bangalore: A 42-year old man has been arrested on the charge of raping his own teenaged daughter near here, police said on Tuesday.
Naushad of Bangalore Rural district had raped his 16-year old daughter last night when his wife was away, they said.
In another incident in the state, a youth was arrested for alleged sexual assault of a ten-year old girl at Itagi village in Bellary district.
Sanjay Naik had sexually abused the girl while she was grazing a herd of goats in a field, police said.
The two incidents were reported even as the state government announced in the past few days various measures, including a help line and a campaign, to put down crime against women in the backdrop of public outcry following the Delhi gang-rape incident.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray asks Maharashtra CM Fadnavis to quit for supporting Vidarbha
- Horror! In chilling reminder of Delhi gang-rape, woman in Kerala brutally raped, intestines pulled out
- Cong accuses PM Modi of doctoring birth details, education info; threatens to expose facts
- North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un bans all weddings, funerals ahead of party congress: Report
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch