MBA student arrested for sending anti-Narendra Modi message on WhatsApp
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
Bangalore: An MBA student was arrested by Bangalore`s Central Crime Branch on Saturday for circulating offensive message against PM-elect Narendra Modi on WhatsApp, reports said Monday.
The student named Sayed Waqas (24), came to Bangalore for internship, studies in an MBA college in Karnataka`s Bhatkal.
Waqas was reportedly detained along with his four roommates who stayed at a rented accommodation in Vasanthnagar after Belgaum police traced the mobile number to his residence and briefed Bangalore`s Central Crime Branch.
The four roommates were freed on Sunday but Waqas was arrested under IT Act.
The complaint in this regard was filed with Belgaum police by an RTI activist Jayant Mukund Tinaikar, who said that he had received the message on May 16, said reports.
The incident comes few days after a man from Goa was booked for posting a derogatory message against Narendra Modi on Facebook.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY