MBA student arrested for sending anti-Narendra Modi message on WhatsApp
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
Bangalore: An MBA student was arrested by Bangalore`s Central Crime Branch on Saturday for circulating offensive message against PM-elect Narendra Modi on WhatsApp, reports said Monday.
The student named Sayed Waqas (24), came to Bangalore for internship, studies in an MBA college in Karnataka`s Bhatkal.
Waqas was reportedly detained along with his four roommates who stayed at a rented accommodation in Vasanthnagar after Belgaum police traced the mobile number to his residence and briefed Bangalore`s Central Crime Branch.
The four roommates were freed on Sunday but Waqas was arrested under IT Act.
The complaint in this regard was filed with Belgaum police by an RTI activist Jayant Mukund Tinaikar, who said that he had received the message on May 16, said reports.
The incident comes few days after a man from Goa was booked for posting a derogatory message against Narendra Modi on Facebook.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's fruits and vegetables lack essential nutrients: AIIMS study
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Monsanto jumps 7% on withdrawal of Bt cotton notification
- Rajnath Singh vows to bring Dawood Ibrahim back to India, adds no threat from Islamic State
- Three injured in girder collapse at Rapid Metro under-construction site in Gurgaon
- Rio medal winners to be considered for Khel Ratna, Arjuna
- 'Unscrupulous' Arvind Kejriwal can do anything for personal gains: Prashant Bhushan