MBA student arrested for sending anti-Narendra Modi message on WhatsApp
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
Bangalore: An MBA student was arrested by Bangalore`s Central Crime Branch on Saturday for circulating offensive message against PM-elect Narendra Modi on WhatsApp, reports said Monday.
The student named Sayed Waqas (24), came to Bangalore for internship, studies in an MBA college in Karnataka`s Bhatkal.
Waqas was reportedly detained along with his four roommates who stayed at a rented accommodation in Vasanthnagar after Belgaum police traced the mobile number to his residence and briefed Bangalore`s Central Crime Branch.
The four roommates were freed on Sunday but Waqas was arrested under IT Act.
The complaint in this regard was filed with Belgaum police by an RTI activist Jayant Mukund Tinaikar, who said that he had received the message on May 16, said reports.
The incident comes few days after a man from Goa was booked for posting a derogatory message against Narendra Modi on Facebook.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi