MBA student arrested for sending anti-Narendra Modi message on WhatsApp
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
Bangalore: An MBA student was arrested by Bangalore`s Central Crime Branch on Saturday for circulating offensive message against PM-elect Narendra Modi on WhatsApp, reports said Monday.
The student named Sayed Waqas (24), came to Bangalore for internship, studies in an MBA college in Karnataka`s Bhatkal.
Waqas was reportedly detained along with his four roommates who stayed at a rented accommodation in Vasanthnagar after Belgaum police traced the mobile number to his residence and briefed Bangalore`s Central Crime Branch.
The four roommates were freed on Sunday but Waqas was arrested under IT Act.
The complaint in this regard was filed with Belgaum police by an RTI activist Jayant Mukund Tinaikar, who said that he had received the message on May 16, said reports.
The incident comes few days after a man from Goa was booked for posting a derogatory message against Narendra Modi on Facebook.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?