Nationwide alert after Hyderabad blasts
New Delhi: A nationwide alert has been sounded and security arrangements across the country have been beefed up in the wake of the serial blasts in Hyderabad on Thursday.
According to reports, security has been stepped up in the national capital and monitoring of important installations have been increased minutes after multiple explosions took place in Hyderabad, killing at least 15 people.
A senior Delhi Police official told reporters that the personnel of the force have been alerted and they are keeping a tight vigil on the city.
"We are always on alert. There is nothing to panic," the official said.
The Union Home Ministry has also issued an advisory to all states asking the respective state governments to increase surveillance and monitoring of important places and vital institutions.
The Police today sounded a high alert in parts of Karnataka, including IT hub of Bangalore City shortly after the blasts in Hyderabad.
Security has been stepped up in sensitive areas, Railway and Bus stations, police said here.
Similarly, alert has been sounded across West Bengal, Maharashra and other states following the serial blasts in Hyderabad this evening.
"Security has been beefed up in various parts of West Bengal, including the bordering and coastal areas. We have sent a security alert in all the police stations of the state," ADG (Law and order) Banibrata Basu told reporters.
At least three powerful blasts rocked the busy commercial hub of Hyderabad close to a crowded bus stand at Dilsukh Nagar this evening claiming several lives.
The blasts took place during the peak hour outside a roadside eatery near Konark cinema theatre in the locality resulting in a stampede-like situation with people trying to run for safety.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi