Nationwide alert after Hyderabad blasts
New Delhi: A nationwide alert has been sounded and security arrangements across the country have been beefed up in the wake of the serial blasts in Hyderabad on Thursday.
According to reports, security has been stepped up in the national capital and monitoring of important installations have been increased minutes after multiple explosions took place in Hyderabad, killing at least 15 people.
A senior Delhi Police official told reporters that the personnel of the force have been alerted and they are keeping a tight vigil on the city.
"We are always on alert. There is nothing to panic," the official said.
The Union Home Ministry has also issued an advisory to all states asking the respective state governments to increase surveillance and monitoring of important places and vital institutions.
The Police today sounded a high alert in parts of Karnataka, including IT hub of Bangalore City shortly after the blasts in Hyderabad.
Security has been stepped up in sensitive areas, Railway and Bus stations, police said here.
Similarly, alert has been sounded across West Bengal, Maharashra and other states following the serial blasts in Hyderabad this evening.
"Security has been beefed up in various parts of West Bengal, including the bordering and coastal areas. We have sent a security alert in all the police stations of the state," ADG (Law and order) Banibrata Basu told reporters.
At least three powerful blasts rocked the busy commercial hub of Hyderabad close to a crowded bus stand at Dilsukh Nagar this evening claiming several lives.
The blasts took place during the peak hour outside a roadside eatery near Konark cinema theatre in the locality resulting in a stampede-like situation with people trying to run for safety.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'