Nationwide alert after Hyderabad blasts
New Delhi: A nationwide alert has been sounded and security arrangements across the country have been beefed up in the wake of the serial blasts in Hyderabad on Thursday.
According to reports, security has been stepped up in the national capital and monitoring of important installations have been increased minutes after multiple explosions took place in Hyderabad, killing at least 15 people.
A senior Delhi Police official told reporters that the personnel of the force have been alerted and they are keeping a tight vigil on the city.
"We are always on alert. There is nothing to panic," the official said.
The Union Home Ministry has also issued an advisory to all states asking the respective state governments to increase surveillance and monitoring of important places and vital institutions.
The Police today sounded a high alert in parts of Karnataka, including IT hub of Bangalore City shortly after the blasts in Hyderabad.
Security has been stepped up in sensitive areas, Railway and Bus stations, police said here.
Similarly, alert has been sounded across West Bengal, Maharashra and other states following the serial blasts in Hyderabad this evening.
"Security has been beefed up in various parts of West Bengal, including the bordering and coastal areas. We have sent a security alert in all the police stations of the state," ADG (Law and order) Banibrata Basu told reporters.
At least three powerful blasts rocked the busy commercial hub of Hyderabad close to a crowded bus stand at Dilsukh Nagar this evening claiming several lives.
The blasts took place during the peak hour outside a roadside eatery near Konark cinema theatre in the locality resulting in a stampede-like situation with people trying to run for safety.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers