Nationwide alert after Hyderabad blasts
New Delhi: A nationwide alert has been sounded and security arrangements across the country have been beefed up in the wake of the serial blasts in Hyderabad on Thursday.
According to reports, security has been stepped up in the national capital and monitoring of important installations have been increased minutes after multiple explosions took place in Hyderabad, killing at least 15 people.
A senior Delhi Police official told reporters that the personnel of the force have been alerted and they are keeping a tight vigil on the city.
"We are always on alert. There is nothing to panic," the official said.
The Union Home Ministry has also issued an advisory to all states asking the respective state governments to increase surveillance and monitoring of important places and vital institutions.
The Police today sounded a high alert in parts of Karnataka, including IT hub of Bangalore City shortly after the blasts in Hyderabad.
Security has been stepped up in sensitive areas, Railway and Bus stations, police said here.
Similarly, alert has been sounded across West Bengal, Maharashra and other states following the serial blasts in Hyderabad this evening.
"Security has been beefed up in various parts of West Bengal, including the bordering and coastal areas. We have sent a security alert in all the police stations of the state," ADG (Law and order) Banibrata Basu told reporters.
At least three powerful blasts rocked the busy commercial hub of Hyderabad close to a crowded bus stand at Dilsukh Nagar this evening claiming several lives.
The blasts took place during the peak hour outside a roadside eatery near Konark cinema theatre in the locality resulting in a stampede-like situation with people trying to run for safety.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself