Nigerian held on rape charge in Bangalore
Bangalore: A Nigerian national has been arrested on the charge of raping a 25-year-old nursing student from Mumbai while she was on a visit to the city recently, police said on Monday.
Prince John alias Johnson, 31, was arrested yesterday, and produced before a local court which remanded him to 14 days judicial custody, Bangalore Rural Superintendent of Police D Prakash said.
He was arrested on information from police in Mumbai where an FIR had been registered on a complaint by the victim`s aunt. The case has since been transferred to Bangalore.
Prakash said the woman, a Manipuri, was raped on May 13 and she has since returned with her aunt to Mumbai where she is undergoing treatment at a hospital.
The Nigerian, who is residing here on a student visa, was the boyfriend of the woman`s aunt. He had allegedly threatened the victim not to inform her aunt about the incident, the SP said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India