Nigerian held on rape charge in Bangalore
Bangalore: A Nigerian national has been arrested on the charge of raping a 25-year-old nursing student from Mumbai while she was on a visit to the city recently, police said on Monday.
Prince John alias Johnson, 31, was arrested yesterday, and produced before a local court which remanded him to 14 days judicial custody, Bangalore Rural Superintendent of Police D Prakash said.
He was arrested on information from police in Mumbai where an FIR had been registered on a complaint by the victim`s aunt. The case has since been transferred to Bangalore.
Prakash said the woman, a Manipuri, was raped on May 13 and she has since returned with her aunt to Mumbai where she is undergoing treatment at a hospital.
The Nigerian, who is residing here on a student visa, was the boyfriend of the woman`s aunt. He had allegedly threatened the victim not to inform her aunt about the incident, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda