One more LeT terror suspect nabbed in Karnataka
Bangalore: One more person with alleged links to banned terror outfits Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and HUJI has been nabbed taking the total number of such suspects arrested since August to 15, a top police official said.
Syed Thanjim (23), arrested by the City Crime Branch team on November 4, was a close associate of Shoaib Ahmad Mirza alias Chotu who was arrested in August, City Police Commissioner Jyothiprakash Mirji told reporters here on Tuesday.
"Syed was working on the instructions of Shoaib. After the arrest of Shoaib in August, Syed was absconding," he said.
Syed was produced before a local court and remanded to police custody till November 19, Mirji said.
Of the 14 other terror suspects, 13 are in judicial custody here while one was taken to Maharashtra by the Anti-Terrorist Squad.
All the terror suspects, including a journalist of an English daily, were arrested from Hubli and Bangalore between August 28 and September 3 by police, who claim to have foiled a plot to target MPs, MLAs and mediapersons in Karnataka.
A foreign-made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other gadgets were seized from them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'