One more LeT terror suspect nabbed in Karnataka
Bangalore: One more person with alleged links to banned terror outfits Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and HUJI has been nabbed taking the total number of such suspects arrested since August to 15, a top police official said.
Syed Thanjim (23), arrested by the City Crime Branch team on November 4, was a close associate of Shoaib Ahmad Mirza alias Chotu who was arrested in August, City Police Commissioner Jyothiprakash Mirji told reporters here on Tuesday.
"Syed was working on the instructions of Shoaib. After the arrest of Shoaib in August, Syed was absconding," he said.
Syed was produced before a local court and remanded to police custody till November 19, Mirji said.
Of the 14 other terror suspects, 13 are in judicial custody here while one was taken to Maharashtra by the Anti-Terrorist Squad.
All the terror suspects, including a journalist of an English daily, were arrested from Hubli and Bangalore between August 28 and September 3 by police, who claim to have foiled a plot to target MPs, MLAs and mediapersons in Karnataka.
A foreign-made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other gadgets were seized from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves