Police re-clamp prohibitory orders
Bangalore: Prohibitory orders imposed on March 3
in and around City Civil Court complex premises, after lawyers
assaulted media personnel and policemen, has been extended to
Mar 25 in nine police station limits in view of plans to `lay
seige` to Vidhana Soudha and the legislature session.
"In the wake of proposed call by advocates to lay seige to
Vidhana Soudha (state secretariat) on March 20 and also the
legislature session starting next week, prohibitory orders have
been imposed and will be in force from midnight of March 19
midnight to March 25," City Police Commissioner BG
Jyotiprakash Mirji said.
Sixty five persons, including 52 police peronnel, were
injured when lawyers went on a rampage on March 2, protesting
presence of mediapersons to cover the appearance of former
Minister and mining baron Janardhan Reddy in a mining case in
the city civil court complex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy