Porngate: Ministers barred from attending Assembly
Bangalore: The three Karnataka Ministers who
quit on Wednesday over the porn scandal were barred by Speaker KG
Bopaiah from attending proceedings of the Assembly till a
House inquiry committee submits report on March 12.
In his ruling, Bopaiah asked the three to give an
explanation by February 13 and their reply would be placed
before the proposed six-member inquiry committee, comprising
two members each from BJP, Congress and JDS.
Till then, the three are barred from attending the
Assembly, Bopaiah said in his order as the unsavoury episode
rocked the House and evoked an outrage across the state.
Not satisfied with the Speaker`s decision, Leader of
Congress Opposition Siddaramaiah said his party would
boycott the committee, as the party pushed for the
disqualification of the disgraced former ministers.
"Why should there be a committee. They (the three) have
admitted (to watching the clips). Please disqualify them",
Siddaramaiah said earlier after Chief Minister D V Sadananda
Gowda proposed to the Speaker to form a House committee.
Amid a surcharged atmosphere, Congress and JDS members
staged a dharna in the Well making a vociferous demand for the
immediate suspension and disqualification of the three.
After giving his ruling, the Speaker adjourned the House
sine die, cutting short the session by two days as it`s
originally scheduled to go on till February 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars