Ragging in Karnataka college, student suffers burns
Mananthavady: A 19-year-old Business Management student sustained burns during the alleged ragging by senior students at Tumkur in Karnataka following which he was admitted to a hospital, police said on Monday.
Mohammed Rafi was physically assaulted and his head dipped in hot water last Saturday, resulting in burns to his neck and face, his relatives said. He was ragged as he did not attend a function in the college organised by the seniors, they said.
Rafi, hailing from Vellimunda in Kerala`s Wayanad district, was a first year BBM student of Sri Siddharth Institute of Business Management, police said.
Rafi was hospitalised yesterday, relatives said, adding, a police complaint has been filed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?