Ragging in Karnataka college, student suffers burns
Mananthavady: A 19-year-old Business Management student sustained burns during the alleged ragging by senior students at Tumkur in Karnataka following which he was admitted to a hospital, police said on Monday.
Mohammed Rafi was physically assaulted and his head dipped in hot water last Saturday, resulting in burns to his neck and face, his relatives said. He was ragged as he did not attend a function in the college organised by the seniors, they said.
Rafi, hailing from Vellimunda in Kerala`s Wayanad district, was a first year BBM student of Sri Siddharth Institute of Business Management, police said.
Rafi was hospitalised yesterday, relatives said, adding, a police complaint has been filed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him