Ragging in Karnataka college, student suffers burns
Mananthavady: A 19-year-old Business Management student sustained burns during the alleged ragging by senior students at Tumkur in Karnataka following which he was admitted to a hospital, police said on Monday.
Mohammed Rafi was physically assaulted and his head dipped in hot water last Saturday, resulting in burns to his neck and face, his relatives said. He was ragged as he did not attend a function in the college organised by the seniors, they said.
Rafi, hailing from Vellimunda in Kerala`s Wayanad district, was a first year BBM student of Sri Siddharth Institute of Business Management, police said.
Rafi was hospitalised yesterday, relatives said, adding, a police complaint has been filed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30