Ragging in Karnataka college, student suffers burns
Mananthavady: A 19-year-old Business Management student sustained burns during the alleged ragging by senior students at Tumkur in Karnataka following which he was admitted to a hospital, police said on Monday.
Mohammed Rafi was physically assaulted and his head dipped in hot water last Saturday, resulting in burns to his neck and face, his relatives said. He was ragged as he did not attend a function in the college organised by the seniors, they said.
Rafi, hailing from Vellimunda in Kerala`s Wayanad district, was a first year BBM student of Sri Siddharth Institute of Business Management, police said.
Rafi was hospitalised yesterday, relatives said, adding, a police complaint has been filed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!