Sack Shinde, BJP leaders tell Sonia, PM
Bangalore: Leaders of ruling BJP in Karnataka hit the streets here on Thursday as part of the party`s nation-wide protest against Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s remarks alleging RSS and BJP were involved in "Hindu terror".
Leading the protest at the busy Mysore Circle in the state capital, BJP state unit President and Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa slammed Shinde`s for his controversial remarks and demanded that AICC Chief Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh sack him.
"Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh should sack Shinde from the Union Cabinet for linking Sangh Parivar including the BJP with `Hindu terror`. If the Union Government does not sack Shinde, BJP will take the fight to the streets," Eshwarappa warned.
Eshwarappa accused the Congress of creating a wedge between Hindus and Muslims, who have been living peacefully for several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- `Run machine` Virat Kohli credits physical fitness for consistency in performance
- LeEco sells 61,000 units of Le 2 and Le Max2 for online sales record of Rs 78 cr
- Madhuri Dixit turns singer on reality show
- Tripura Civil Service officer rapes woman in Agartala, now absconding