Sack Shinde, BJP leaders tell Sonia, PM
Bangalore: Leaders of ruling BJP in Karnataka hit the streets here on Thursday as part of the party`s nation-wide protest against Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s remarks alleging RSS and BJP were involved in "Hindu terror".
Leading the protest at the busy Mysore Circle in the state capital, BJP state unit President and Deputy Chief Minister K S Eshwarappa slammed Shinde`s for his controversial remarks and demanded that AICC Chief Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh sack him.
"Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh should sack Shinde from the Union Cabinet for linking Sangh Parivar including the BJP with `Hindu terror`. If the Union Government does not sack Shinde, BJP will take the fight to the streets," Eshwarappa warned.
Eshwarappa accused the Congress of creating a wedge between Hindus and Muslims, who have been living peacefully for several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Flipkart irks IIM Ahmedabad over delayed joining date, offers poor compensation for late joining
- Acting gives me a kick: Radhika Apte
- Beware! Artificial sweeteners may harm your health
- Modi government offers auction for 46 oil and gas fields through international bidding
- Consultation paper on internet telephony in a month: TRAI