Shettar govt has lost moral right to continue in office: Congress
Chikballapura (Karnataka): Congress leaders on Saturday demanded the resignation of BJP government in Natala, saying it has "lost the moral right to continue in office."
Addressing a rally here, the leaders hit out at the Jagadish Shettar-led government and alleged that due to internal bickerings in BJP, development works have come to a grinding halt.
"If Shettar has an iota of morality, he should quit forthwith," KPCC President G Parameshwara said.
The BJP has split into three groups, with former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa enjoying the support of some BJP legislators and some moving into BSR Congress headed by B Sreeramulu, he said.
In several parts of the state people were struggling even for drinking water, Parameshwara added.
Union Minister for Petroleum M Veerappa Moily, who also called for immediate resignation of the BJP government, said Congress would return to power in the state. Congress will fight the coming elections on `collective leadership.`
Union Labour Minister Mallikarjuna Kharge outlined various development programmes initiated by the Centre in the state and accused the BJP government of claiming credit for it.
He said the people of Karnataka are waiting for the elections, due in May, to "teach a lesson" to the BJP which, he alleged, has cheated the voters.
Congress General Secretary, B K Hariprasad, MPs-- Jaya Prakash Hegde, Druvanarayana, MP, former ministers Mottamma, Rani Satish and others also addressed the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack