Shettar rubbishes reports of axing minister loyal to Yeddyurappa
Hubli: Rejecting reports that he planned to axe Energy Minister Shobha Karandlaje, a loyalist of KJP chief BS Yeddyurappa, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Monday asserted none of his ministerial colleagues would be dropped.
"No minister, including Shobha, will be dropped from the state cabinet. There is no truth in the report," he told reporters amid reports that Karandlaje would face the axe for embarrassing the government with her attack on it over increasing incidents of rape in the state.
Shettar claimed the issue of sacking Karandlaje was not even discussed in the "Chintan Baithak" (brain-storming session) of party state leaders held on January 5.
Karandlaje had shot off a letter to Shettar voicing conern over the incidents of rape reported from several places in the state in the last two months and indirectly questioned the government on the law and order situation.
Karandlaje is a hardcore supporter of Yeddyurappa and had even hinted at resigning from the ministry to take up an active role in the new party. Shettar had last month sacked Yeddyurappa-loyalist B J Puttaswamy from the ministry.
Brushing aside the threat by Yeddyurappa to topple his ministry so as to prevent him from presenting the BJP government`s last budget before assembly elections due in May, Shettar said nobody should have doubt whether he would present the budget.
Expressing happiness over being proposed by the party as its Chief Ministerial candidate in the assembly elections, he said this has brought more responsibility on his shoulders.
Shettar said he would work hard for BJP to retain power. "my government will complete its tenure. It will not fall. It is only opposition parties` dream that my government will collapse."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today