Six convicted in IISc terror attack case
Bangalore: A fast-track court here on Saturday convicted six persons for their involvement in the terrorist attack on Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore in 2005.
However, one of the total seven accused was acquitted for want of evidence, reports said.
The court will announce the quantum of punishment in the case on Monday. The convicts face a maximum of death penalty.
An outstation professor was killed and four others injured after unidentified gunmen had opened fire in the campus on December 28, 2005.
The police had filed cases of sedition, terrorism and religious disharmony among others against seven accused in January 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad