Sri Sri appeals to Anna to end his fast
New Delhi: Spiritual guru, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Tuesday appealed to social activist Anna Hazare to end his fast. Nonetheless, the Art of Living founder said that the Gandhian should continue his “agitation” for a strong anti-graft bill.
"I appeal to Annaji to end his fast and continue the agitation," Ravi Shankar wrote on microblogging site Twitter.
His appeal came as concerns were raised about Hazare`s
Sr Sri had come to meet Anna when he was in jail in August last and has been speaking on the menace of corruption at various platforms. He has been asking his followers time and again to denounce corruption in all forms.
Anna Hazare is on a three day fast at Mumbai’s MMRDA ground to protest against the weal Lokpal Bill tabled by the government. Team Anna have rejected the bill in its current form. With both sides refusing to blink first, a situation of deadlock has been created.
Meanwhile, opposition parties like the BJP, JD(U), RJD, SP and BSP have given a thumbs down to the Lokpal Bill. Even the allies of the Congress party like the Trinamool have reservations about the provisions in the bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list