Sri Sri appeals to Anna to end his fast
New Delhi: Spiritual guru, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Tuesday appealed to social activist Anna Hazare to end his fast. Nonetheless, the Art of Living founder said that the Gandhian should continue his “agitation” for a strong anti-graft bill.
"I appeal to Annaji to end his fast and continue the agitation," Ravi Shankar wrote on microblogging site Twitter.
His appeal came as concerns were raised about Hazare`s
Sr Sri had come to meet Anna when he was in jail in August last and has been speaking on the menace of corruption at various platforms. He has been asking his followers time and again to denounce corruption in all forms.
Anna Hazare is on a three day fast at Mumbai’s MMRDA ground to protest against the weal Lokpal Bill tabled by the government. Team Anna have rejected the bill in its current form. With both sides refusing to blink first, a situation of deadlock has been created.
Meanwhile, opposition parties like the BJP, JD(U), RJD, SP and BSP have given a thumbs down to the Lokpal Bill. Even the allies of the Congress party like the Trinamool have reservations about the provisions in the bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit