Yeddyurappa lashes out at Gadkari for ‘failing to keep promises’
Bangalore: Hitting out at the BJP leadership for the "ill-treatment" meted out to him, former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa on Friday charged party President Nitin Gadkari with failing to keep his promises.
Yeddyurappa also charged Gadkari with having failed to fathom the political situation in Karnataka and understand the `machinations` of opposition leaders.
"I want to remind your goodself that though you made several promises, none were either implemented or abided by you and your party. I think you failed to keep up your promises and my suspicion is that a couple of leaders conspired and prevailed upon you and the party not to implement promises made to me," he said in a strongly worded three-page letter.
He was apparently referring to promises made to him by Gadkari when he stepped down as Chief Minister in July 2011 that he would be reinstated after courts cleared him from cases he faced and also to appoint him as state unit president.
Charging Gadkari with having failed to fathom the political situation in Karnataka, he said, "Opposition leaders were of the strong belief that removing me from Chief Minister`s post would automatically end BJP`s run in the state. But the party leaders at Delhi failed to understand this.
"To make somebody Chief Minister, you removed me from the post. To make somebody Chief Minister and implement the conspiracies hatched by some vested elements in the party, I was repeatedly pilloried", he said.
Recounting the circumstances which forced him to quit BJP, Yeddyurappa said he felt that party leaders had failed to acknowledge his 40 years of hard work and tribulations in building the party, which had no base of its own in Karnataka unlike states such as Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
He said he was unable to digest the fact that leaders with whom he was associated and who worked with him had started criticising him and suspecting his efforts in building the party from scratch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India