CBI court orders re-investigation into sex scandal case
Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala): The CBI special court here on Saturday ordered a re-investigation into the 2004 Kaviyoor sex scandal case allegedly involving politicians.
The case related to the suicide of a five-member family of a temple priest following the alleged sexual abuse of a teenage girl member of the family.
Judge P S T Moosath ordered the CBI to probe the alleged role of politicians while allowing a petition filed by Unnikrishnan Namboothri, paternal uncle of the 15-year old victim.
The court rejected the CBI report that the girl had been sexually abused by her own father before her death.
Bodies of the girl, her father Narayanan Namboothiri (40), mother and eight-year old sister and six-year old brother were found in their house at Kaviyoor in Pathanamthitta district on September 28, 2004.
Narayanan Namboothiri was a priest in a local temple.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened