CBI court orders re-investigation into sex scandal case
Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala): The CBI special court here on Saturday ordered a re-investigation into the 2004 Kaviyoor sex scandal case allegedly involving politicians.
The case related to the suicide of a five-member family of a temple priest following the alleged sexual abuse of a teenage girl member of the family.
Judge P S T Moosath ordered the CBI to probe the alleged role of politicians while allowing a petition filed by Unnikrishnan Namboothri, paternal uncle of the 15-year old victim.
The court rejected the CBI report that the girl had been sexually abused by her own father before her death.
Bodies of the girl, her father Narayanan Namboothiri (40), mother and eight-year old sister and six-year old brother were found in their house at Kaviyoor in Pathanamthitta district on September 28, 2004.
Narayanan Namboothiri was a priest in a local temple.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Eight dead, 20 missing in Malaysia boat accident
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids