CBI court orders re-investigation into sex scandal case
Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala): The CBI special court here on Saturday ordered a re-investigation into the 2004 Kaviyoor sex scandal case allegedly involving politicians.
The case related to the suicide of a five-member family of a temple priest following the alleged sexual abuse of a teenage girl member of the family.
Judge P S T Moosath ordered the CBI to probe the alleged role of politicians while allowing a petition filed by Unnikrishnan Namboothri, paternal uncle of the 15-year old victim.
The court rejected the CBI report that the girl had been sexually abused by her own father before her death.
Bodies of the girl, her father Narayanan Namboothiri (40), mother and eight-year old sister and six-year old brother were found in their house at Kaviyoor in Pathanamthitta district on September 28, 2004.
Narayanan Namboothiri was a priest in a local temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried