Commandos conduct searches in forests for Maoists
Kannur: A team of Kerala Police Thursday conducted searches in Aralam and Kannavam forest areas in the district following reports of presence of Maoists in areas bordering Kerala and Karnataka.
The 30-member thunderbolt commandos` team, along with forest department officials, carried out the searches, police said.
Last month police had carried out combing operations on the forests along the Kerala-Karnataka on reports of the presence of Maoists.
Later, two battalions of commandos were sent for search operations to Wayanad and Kannur districts. Police stations on the Kerala-Karnataka border in these districts were also alerted.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India