Commandos conduct searches in forests for Maoists
Kannur: A team of Kerala Police Thursday conducted searches in Aralam and Kannavam forest areas in the district following reports of presence of Maoists in areas bordering Kerala and Karnataka.
The 30-member thunderbolt commandos` team, along with forest department officials, carried out the searches, police said.
Last month police had carried out combing operations on the forests along the Kerala-Karnataka on reports of the presence of Maoists.
Later, two battalions of commandos were sent for search operations to Wayanad and Kannur districts. Police stations on the Kerala-Karnataka border in these districts were also alerted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love