Commandos conduct searches in forests for Maoists
Kannur: A team of Kerala Police Thursday conducted searches in Aralam and Kannavam forest areas in the district following reports of presence of Maoists in areas bordering Kerala and Karnataka.
The 30-member thunderbolt commandos` team, along with forest department officials, carried out the searches, police said.
Last month police had carried out combing operations on the forests along the Kerala-Karnataka on reports of the presence of Maoists.
Later, two battalions of commandos were sent for search operations to Wayanad and Kannur districts. Police stations on the Kerala-Karnataka border in these districts were also alerted.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars