Commandos conduct searches in forests for Maoists
Kannur: A team of Kerala Police Thursday conducted searches in Aralam and Kannavam forest areas in the district following reports of presence of Maoists in areas bordering Kerala and Karnataka.
The 30-member thunderbolt commandos` team, along with forest department officials, carried out the searches, police said.
Last month police had carried out combing operations on the forests along the Kerala-Karnataka on reports of the presence of Maoists.
Later, two battalions of commandos were sent for search operations to Wayanad and Kannur districts. Police stations on the Kerala-Karnataka border in these districts were also alerted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed