Commandos conduct searches in forests for Maoists
Kannur: A team of Kerala Police Thursday conducted searches in Aralam and Kannavam forest areas in the district following reports of presence of Maoists in areas bordering Kerala and Karnataka.
The 30-member thunderbolt commandos` team, along with forest department officials, carried out the searches, police said.
Last month police had carried out combing operations on the forests along the Kerala-Karnataka on reports of the presence of Maoists.
Later, two battalions of commandos were sent for search operations to Wayanad and Kannur districts. Police stations on the Kerala-Karnataka border in these districts were also alerted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal