Contract signed with DMRC for mono rail in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Mono Rail Corporation Limited and Delhi Metro Rail Corporation on Wednesday signed the contract for the proposed monorail projects in Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode.
Both projects would be completed in a time bound manner, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, who is also the Chairman of KMRC, said.
DMRC Chief Consultant E Sreedharan, Speaker G Karthikeyan, State PWD Minister V K Ibrahim Kunju were among those present on the occasion.
The agreement will make DMRC responsible for the design, preparation of the bid document, short-listing and selection of contractors, supervision, and quality certification for the 22.2-km monorail in Thiruvananthapuram and the 14.2-km project in Kozhikode, estimated to cost Rs 5581 crore.
A single agreement will be signed with DMRC for the projects as the general consultant and the executing agency are the same.
DMRC will be the general consultant of the project.
Instructions to take the initial steps have already been given. Tender procedures will be the preliminary process and offices of the monorail corporation will start functioning in Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode soon, official sources said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read