Contract signed with DMRC for mono rail in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Mono Rail Corporation Limited and Delhi Metro Rail Corporation on Wednesday signed the contract for the proposed monorail projects in Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode.
Both projects would be completed in a time bound manner, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, who is also the Chairman of KMRC, said.
DMRC Chief Consultant E Sreedharan, Speaker G Karthikeyan, State PWD Minister V K Ibrahim Kunju were among those present on the occasion.
The agreement will make DMRC responsible for the design, preparation of the bid document, short-listing and selection of contractors, supervision, and quality certification for the 22.2-km monorail in Thiruvananthapuram and the 14.2-km project in Kozhikode, estimated to cost Rs 5581 crore.
A single agreement will be signed with DMRC for the projects as the general consultant and the executing agency are the same.
DMRC will be the general consultant of the project.
Instructions to take the initial steps have already been given. Tender procedures will be the preliminary process and offices of the monorail corporation will start functioning in Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode soon, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter