Fast track courts to try violence against women and children
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government has decided to set up special fast track courts to deal with cases relating to violence and sexual harassment against women and children.
As per the directive of Kerala High Court, the Cabinet has decided to set up an Additional District Sessions Court at Kochi to deal with such cases, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters after a Cabinet meeting today.
The Cabinet also sanctioned 18 new posts for the purpose of functioning of the court, Chandy said.
The move came in the light of nationwide outrage over the recent Delhi gang-rape incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know