Fast track courts to try violence against women and children
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government has decided to set up special fast track courts to deal with cases relating to violence and sexual harassment against women and children.
As per the directive of Kerala High Court, the Cabinet has decided to set up an Additional District Sessions Court at Kochi to deal with such cases, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters after a Cabinet meeting today.
The Cabinet also sanctioned 18 new posts for the purpose of functioning of the court, Chandy said.
The move came in the light of nationwide outrage over the recent Delhi gang-rape incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?