Fast track courts to try violence against women and children
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government has decided to set up special fast track courts to deal with cases relating to violence and sexual harassment against women and children.
As per the directive of Kerala High Court, the Cabinet has decided to set up an Additional District Sessions Court at Kochi to deal with such cases, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters after a Cabinet meeting today.
The Cabinet also sanctioned 18 new posts for the purpose of functioning of the court, Chandy said.
The move came in the light of nationwide outrage over the recent Delhi gang-rape incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie