Fast track courts to try violence against women and children
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government has decided to set up special fast track courts to deal with cases relating to violence and sexual harassment against women and children.
As per the directive of Kerala High Court, the Cabinet has decided to set up an Additional District Sessions Court at Kochi to deal with such cases, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters after a Cabinet meeting today.
The Cabinet also sanctioned 18 new posts for the purpose of functioning of the court, Chandy said.
The move came in the light of nationwide outrage over the recent Delhi gang-rape incident.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan