Fast track courts to try violence against women and children
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala government has decided to set up special fast track courts to deal with cases relating to violence and sexual harassment against women and children.
As per the directive of Kerala High Court, the Cabinet has decided to set up an Additional District Sessions Court at Kochi to deal with such cases, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy told reporters after a Cabinet meeting today.
The Cabinet also sanctioned 18 new posts for the purpose of functioning of the court, Chandy said.
The move came in the light of nationwide outrage over the recent Delhi gang-rape incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!