Four SFI activists sentenced to varying terms
Thrissur: A fast track court here has sentenced four SFI activists to between seven and eight years Rigorous Imprisonment and slapped fines totalling Rs 1.55 lakh on them for trying to murder an ABVP college chairman in February 2008.
The prosecution case was they stormed into Sree Krishna College, Guruvayur on February 28, 2008 while the final year M.Sc exams were on and hacked ABVP chairman Sanoop with lethal weapons, leaving him blinded in the left eye and with severe injuries on his head, face and legs.
Judge K Haripal on Tuesday sentenced the main accused to seven years RI and slapped a fine of Rs 1 lakh, while the second and the third accused were awarded eight years and three months sentence and imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 each.
The fourth person was sentenced to five years and three months RI and slapped a fine of Rs 5000, the judge said.
The judge observed that the four did not deserve any leniency for perpetrating such a heinous crime in the name of campus politics. He ordered them to pay the fine amount to Sanoop.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'