HC permits relatives of fishermen to implead in case
Kochi: The Kerala High court on tuesday permitted the
relatives of two Indian fishermen, allegedly shot dead by two
marines on board an Italian vessel in mid-February, to implead
in the petition relating to quashing of FIR in the case.
Justice P S Gopinathan permitted relatives of the deceased
Jelestine and Ajesh Binki to implead themselves.
The relatives contended that the outcome of the case will
affect them and they are necessary parties in the case and
filed a petition seeking to implead themselves.
The Marines Latore Massimiliano and Salvatore Gironi have
been arrested and charged with murder for allegedly gunning
down the two fishermen on February 15 off Kollam coast from
the vessel `Enrica Lexie` after suspecting them to be pirates.
The court adjourned the petition seeking quashing of the
FIR filed by the Italian Consul General and the two marines to
Arguments by counsel for petitioners were over.
The counsel reiterated that the incident took place
within International waters and Kerala had no jurisdiction to
investigate the case.
The marines, who were arrested on February 19, were
remanded in judicial custody for 14 days by a court yesterday
and sent to the Central Prison at Thiruvananthapuram.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi