HC permits relatives of fishermen to implead in case
Kochi: The Kerala High court on tuesday permitted the
relatives of two Indian fishermen, allegedly shot dead by two
marines on board an Italian vessel in mid-February, to implead
in the petition relating to quashing of FIR in the case.
Justice P S Gopinathan permitted relatives of the deceased
Jelestine and Ajesh Binki to implead themselves.
The relatives contended that the outcome of the case will
affect them and they are necessary parties in the case and
filed a petition seeking to implead themselves.
The Marines Latore Massimiliano and Salvatore Gironi have
been arrested and charged with murder for allegedly gunning
down the two fishermen on February 15 off Kollam coast from
the vessel `Enrica Lexie` after suspecting them to be pirates.
The court adjourned the petition seeking quashing of the
FIR filed by the Italian Consul General and the two marines to
Arguments by counsel for petitioners were over.
The counsel reiterated that the incident took place
within International waters and Kerala had no jurisdiction to
investigate the case.
The marines, who were arrested on February 19, were
remanded in judicial custody for 14 days by a court yesterday
and sent to the Central Prison at Thiruvananthapuram.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President