Ice cream parlour sex scandal: Achuthanandan files
Kozhikode: A local court here on Friday adjourned to July 30 the hearing on a petition filed by Opposition Leader in the Kerala Assembly VS Achuthanandan against the closure report submitted by the Special Investigation Team in the ice cream parlour sex scandal.
Achuthanandan personally appeared before the court and filed the petition seeking that his version would be also heard before the court takes a decision on the probe panel findings that there was no ground for re-opening the case based on the allegation that the original probe was sabotaged by IUML leader and state Industries Minister P K Kunhalikutty.
He also filed a petition seeking copy of the report of the police probe into the allegation that the case was sabotaged by Kunhalikutty.
Kerala government had yesterday assured the Supreme Court that it would provide Achuthanandan a copy of the charge sheet in the case.
The apex court had also issued notice to the government on Achuthanandan`s appeal against the Kerala High Court`s order refusing to give him a copy of the report submitted by the Special Investigating Team to the high court.
The probe team had last month submitted a report in a court here stating that there was no evidence to substantiate the charge that case was sabotaged.
The case pertains to allegations that an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode beach was used as a cover for running a sex racket in the late 1990s.
Though Kunhalikutty never became an accused in the case, he had come under a cloud in the wake of the scandal and even had to quite the ministry then.
The scandal surfaced last year, with a relative of Kunhalikutty alleging that he had helped him wriggle out of the case by indulging in improper means, including bribing the witnesses.
A fresh probe was ordered by the then LDF Government headed by VS Achuthanandan on revelations of KA Rauf, a relative of Kunhalikutty.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India