Italian marines get gifts from colleagues
Kochi: Italian Defence Minister Giampaolo Di Paolo met the two Italian marines, who are facing trial for killing two Indian fishermen, and handed over gifts from their regiment colleagues based in Afghanistan.
The gifts -- a shawl each and T shirts, were sent by the marines of San Marco regiment based at Herat in Afghanistan for Massimiliano Latore and Salvatore Girone. They had affixed their signatures on the shawls, sources said.
Latore and Girone also belong to the same regiment. The gifts were handed over to the marines when they met Di Paolo at a five-star hotel here on Saturday night, they said.
The Italian minister addressed the media on Sunday morning, flanked by the two marines. Italy`s Defence Attaché Franco Favre was also present.
Di Paolo had arrived here last night from Herat, a province in Afghanistan, where at least 3,000 Italian military personnel are based. Three hundred of them would return to Italy for Christmas.
The marines, facing trial for shooting to death two Indian fishermen off the Kerala`s coast in February, have filed a petition in the Kerala High Court, seeking relaxation of their bail conditions to enable them celebrate Christmas with their families.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'