Kerala IUML legislator named in murder case
Thiruvananthapuram: PK Basheer, a first-time legislator of the Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) that is a partner in Kerala`s ruling coalition, has been named the sixth accused in a twin murder that took place Sunday night in Malappuram district.
According to the police, brothers K. Azad and K. Abubacker were hacked to death by a gang at the Arikode market in Malappuram district.
Despite being given medical attention, the two passed away in the wee hours of Monday.
The police have registered a case based on the statements given by the deceased`s family members who have said that Basheer was part of a conspiracy behind the murder.
Basheer had made an inflammatory speech earlier this month that the IUML would hit back against those who had killed A. Rehman, an IUML activist in January after a clash erupted at a football tournament in Malappuram.
The two brothers who were killed Monday night were the accused in the Rehman murder and are currently out on bail.
Basheer, who was present in the assembly Monday on the first day of its current session, said he was ready for any probe into the twin murders.
"All what we want is to see that the truth should come out and will cooperate with any probe," said Basheer, who is the son of a former IUML leader and minister Seethi Haji.
The case comes at a time when the Oomen Chandy government has vowed to unravel the murder case of former CPI-M leader T.P. Chandrasekheran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi