Former England defender Rio Ferdinand says that his dream is to manage the Three Lions after retirement. After spending 12 fruitful years with Manchester United, he moved to Loftus Road, where his brother Anton Ferdinand played for two seasons.
Once-mighty Olympique Lyonnais suffered huge embarrassment with a 2-1 home defeat by unheralded Romanians Astra Giurgiu in their Europa League playoff first leg on Thursday.
Zenit St Petersburg and Porto both put a foot in the Champions League group stage with 1-0 away wins in the first leg of their respective playoff ties on Wednesday.
Croatian midfielder Luka Modric has extended his contract with Real Madrid by one season until 2018, the Spanish giants announced on Wednesday.
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey apologised to the club`s supporters on Wednesday after being sent off in his side`s 0-0 Champions League play-off draw away to Turkish side Besiktas.
Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone claimed compatriot Angel di Maria is Real Madrid`s best player after the Argentine midfielder started on the bench as the Champions League finalists drew 1-1 in the first leg of the Spanish Super Cup on Tuesday.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger acknowledged that his side`s goalless draw with Beskitas in a Champions League play-off in Istanbul Tuesday was a fair result for a "difficult" game but blasted the performance of the referee.
Besiktas hit the bar straight from kickoff as they were held 0-0 at home by Arsenal in Tuesday`s Champions League playoffs while a superb Gonzalo Higuain goal rescued Napoli in a 1-1 draw with visitors Athletic Bilbao.
Scottish champions Celtic will look to use their reprieve from Champions League oblivion and gain a positive result away at Slovenian titleholders Maribor on Wednesday in the first leg of their play-off.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is considering bringing defender Per Mertesacker back from his post-World Cup layoff early as injury cover for Tuesday`s Champions League first leg playoff against Besiktas.
After a positive start to the new season domestically, Arsenal head to Istanbul in optimistic mood ahead of Tuesday`s Champions League play-off first leg against Besiktas.
Stefan Kiessling scored five goals as Bayer Leverkusen won 6-0 away to minnows Alemania Waldalgesheim in the first round of the German Cup on Friday.
Didier Drogba praised an Oscar performance after the returning Chelsea great was handed the iconic number 11 shirt he made famous during his first spell at Stamford Bridge.
Arsenal defender Per Mertesacker on Friday became the third member of Germany`s World Cup-winning team to announce his international retirement.
Legia Warsaw will find out on Monday if they will be reinstated into the Champions League at Celtic`s expense when the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) rules on the case.
Arsenal could strengthen their squad again before the transfer window closes, although manager Arsene Wenger may wait until after they have guaranteed a place in the Champions League.
Unloved even in their own country, Italy`s national team clearly need a radical overhaul and, if anyone can do it, then it is the steely-willed Antonio Conte who was named as their new coach on Thursday.
Former England defender Martin Kelly left Liverpool on Thursday to join Premier League rivals Crystal Palace for an undisclosed fee.
Polish champions Legia Warsaw have lost an appeal to UEFA against their elimination from the Champions League after they fielded a suspended player against Celtic, the club`s co-owner Dariusz Mioduski said on Thursday.
French winger Franck Ribery has announced his retirement from international football, he said in an interview with the German magazine Kicker.
Discarded India opener Virender Sehwag says he wants to carry forward his good form from the last edition of Indian Premier League to the upcoming Champions League T20 which will be held in just over a month from now.
Legia Warsaw have filed an appeal against their dramatic axing from the Champions League in favour of Celtic, UEFA said on Tuesday.
Table-topping trio CSKA Moscow, Zenit St Petersburg and Spartak Moscow will all be bidding to extend their winning ways when the Russian Premiership`s third round of matches are played in mid-week.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has started the mind games in earnest warning Louis van Gaal that the competitive English Premier League is different from other leagues around the world.
World Cup top scorer James Rodriguez will make his competitive debut for European champions Real Madrid in Tuesday`s UEFA Super Cup against Sevilla in Cardiff with fellow new signing Toni Kroos also in line to play.
Sevilla and Real Madrid will play for their first title of the new football season Tuesday when the two Spanish clubs contest the European Supercup in Cardiff.
AC Milan have agreed to sign Spanish goalkeeper Diego Lopez from Real Madrid, the Italian Serie A club`s coach Filippo Inzaghi said on Saturday.
Polish football champions Legia Warsaw have asked European football`s governing body, UEFA, to explain its decision to disqualify the team from the Champions League for fielding an ineligible player.
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini insists the club`s target of winning five trophies in five years isn`t important to him.
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Bombay HC allows Nestle to export Maggi noodles
- Warning! Plastic rice from China now on sale in India
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- No mediation in rape cases, rules Supreme Court
- Greece becomes first developed nation to default on IMF
- DNA: Why India should not take credit for Satnam Singh's NBA achievement!
- DNA: Analysis of Dayanidhi Maran's illegal telephone exchange case
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Exclusive: Ravi Shankar Prasad talks about Digital India Programme
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with Azhar who feeds poor daily in Hyderabad
- Subhash Kapoor's Guddu Rangeela in the midst of the ‘Mata Ka Email’ song controversy
- Shahid-Mira's wedding card is out!
- How Deepika's statement hurt Ranveer Singh
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Bangladeshi newspaper ridicules Indian cricketers with distasteful advertisement
- Congress furnishes new documents on Dholpur Palace ownership
- Bollywood gives thumbs up to 'Masaan' trailer!
- Salman Khan moved to tears after watching ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Digvijay Singh moves Supreme Court for CBI probe into Vyapam scam
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Deepika Padukone skips Arjun Kapoor's bash?
- Watch: Salman Khan shares funny video featuring Kabir Khan!
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Amit Shah inaugurates BJP's national training workshop