Kerala poised to make leap in development: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Refuting the opposition LDF`s charge that it was a season of `zero` development since the UDF came to power, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has said his government has launched several projects since it came to power one year ago.
"Let the people decide after going through the development projects launched by the UDF government during the last one year. Let them say whether it is zero development or not," Chandy, who completed one year in office on May 18, told a news agency.
On the global investor meet `Emerging Kerala`, scheduled to be held in September, he said it is expected to be a gateway for big investment to flow to the state.
"The main agenda of the meet is to show before the global investor community, Kerala`s potential and to project the state as an ideal investment destination`, Chandy said.
Two roadshows held in New Delhi and Mumbai on `Emerging Kerala` had received tremendous response from the investors.
"Many of them, hitherto, have avoided the state. Now they are showing great interest in coming to Kerala for starting business ventures," Chandy said.
Eminent technocrat Sam Pitroda, who has been made Kerala`s "development mentor", will hold a second round of discussions regarding detailed project reports (DPRs) on ten identified schemes on May 28,he said.
These discussions and interactions would give final shape to the schemes to go on stream this year.
Even as infrastructure development would continue as the thrust area, the health sector would also be strengthened in tune with the UDF`s slogan of `Development and Care`, he said.
The major schemes already underway included Kochi Metro rail, Kannur airport and `SmartCity` IT Park in Kochi. The foundation stone for the main building complex of SmartCity would be laid on June 9.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you