Kerala poised to make leap in development: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Refuting the opposition LDF`s charge that it was a season of `zero` development since the UDF came to power, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has said his government has launched several projects since it came to power one year ago.
"Let the people decide after going through the development projects launched by the UDF government during the last one year. Let them say whether it is zero development or not," Chandy, who completed one year in office on May 18, told a news agency.
On the global investor meet `Emerging Kerala`, scheduled to be held in September, he said it is expected to be a gateway for big investment to flow to the state.
"The main agenda of the meet is to show before the global investor community, Kerala`s potential and to project the state as an ideal investment destination`, Chandy said.
Two roadshows held in New Delhi and Mumbai on `Emerging Kerala` had received tremendous response from the investors.
"Many of them, hitherto, have avoided the state. Now they are showing great interest in coming to Kerala for starting business ventures," Chandy said.
Eminent technocrat Sam Pitroda, who has been made Kerala`s "development mentor", will hold a second round of discussions regarding detailed project reports (DPRs) on ten identified schemes on May 28,he said.
These discussions and interactions would give final shape to the schemes to go on stream this year.
Even as infrastructure development would continue as the thrust area, the health sector would also be strengthened in tune with the UDF`s slogan of `Development and Care`, he said.
The major schemes already underway included Kochi Metro rail, Kannur airport and `SmartCity` IT Park in Kochi. The foundation stone for the main building complex of SmartCity would be laid on June 9.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today