Man brutally kills two minor nephews over property dispute
Pathanamthitta: In a shocking incident, two boys of six and two years of age were murdered allegedly by their paternal uncle in front of their mother and grandmother in a village in Kerala`s Pathanamthitta District on Sunday.
Shibu, an autorickshaw driver, stormed into his elder brother Shaiju`s house at Keekozhur village, scattered chilly powder on the faces of the two women before slitting the throats of the kids with a sharp knife, police said.
Shibu was having a long-running dispute with his brother Shaiju, working in the Gulf, over family property, neighbours told police.
Both the children died on the spot writhing in pain and profusely bleeding.
Their mother Bindu, who suffered serious injuries while trying to save them, has been admitted to a hospital while her mother-in-law is in a state of shock.
After murdering his little nephews, Shibu remained at the spot till the police came and arrested him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra