Navy conducts medical camp in Lakshadweep
Kochi: A five-day multi specialty medical camp was conducted by Southern Naval Command at different islands of the Lakshadweep
The camp was held from from Nov 7-11th, a Naval press release said on Monday.
Nearly 2000 islanderss benefited from the yearly initiative by the Navy, undertaken in the run up to the Navy Day.
The medical team was led by Surgeon Commodore MSN Murthy a nephrologist and Commanding Officer, of INHS (Indian Naval Hospital Ship) Sanjivani at Kochi.
Other members of the team included specialists in surgery, pediatrics, dermatology, ophthalmology and dentistry along with 12 paramedical staff.
The camps were held in the islands of Bitra, Chetlat, Kiltan, Kadmat, and Kavaratti and received enthusiastic response. Medicines and spectacles were distributed to the needy. The Navy team also provided basic life support training to the young volunteers of NSS and NCC.
Surgeon Rear Admiral John D’Souza, Command Medical Officer, attended the valedictory function on the concluding day at Kavaratti along with the Director Health Services of Lakshadweep. INS Sharda and INS Dweeprakshak provided logistics support for the camp.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL