Navy conducts medical camp in Lakshadweep
Kochi: A five-day multi specialty medical camp was conducted by Southern Naval Command at different islands of the Lakshadweep
The camp was held from from Nov 7-11th, a Naval press release said on Monday.
Nearly 2000 islanderss benefited from the yearly initiative by the Navy, undertaken in the run up to the Navy Day.
The medical team was led by Surgeon Commodore MSN Murthy a nephrologist and Commanding Officer, of INHS (Indian Naval Hospital Ship) Sanjivani at Kochi.
Other members of the team included specialists in surgery, pediatrics, dermatology, ophthalmology and dentistry along with 12 paramedical staff.
The camps were held in the islands of Bitra, Chetlat, Kiltan, Kadmat, and Kavaratti and received enthusiastic response. Medicines and spectacles were distributed to the needy. The Navy team also provided basic life support training to the young volunteers of NSS and NCC.
Surgeon Rear Admiral John D’Souza, Command Medical Officer, attended the valedictory function on the concluding day at Kavaratti along with the Director Health Services of Lakshadweep. INS Sharda and INS Dweeprakshak provided logistics support for the camp.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Nationwide frenzy as ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth arrives in style
- This is what Zakir Naik thinks about Narendra Modi, Islamic State and jihad
- India vs West Indies, 1st Test: Virender Sehwag predicted Virat Kohli's 12th ton before we all knew it!
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?