Newly elected Malabar chamber secretary found dead
Kozhikode: Newly elected Malabar Chamber of Commerce Secretary and renowned businessman PP Nazir Ahamed was found dead at nearby Chevayoor Saturday in a suspected case of murder, police said.
The body of 50-year old Ahamed with multiple injuries was found lying at roadside and his car found abandoned a few kms away from the spot, they said.
Ahamed was elected Secretary of the chamber yesterday at its annual general meeting, chamber sources said.
Top police officials visited the spot and investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Transit of Mercury, May 9, 2016: Where, when and how to watch in India!
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders' Yusuf Pathan slams Sunil Gavaskar for calling RCB's bowling line-up as 'popatwadi attack'
- Apple sees huge market potential in India: CEO Tim Cook
- Virat Kohli recommended for Khel Ratna by BCCI, Ajinkya Rahane for Arjuna Award