‘NRIs, tourists being harassed in Italy’
Kochi: Alleging that NRIs and tourists from Kerala were being harrassed in Italy in the backdrop of Italian marines case, the International Forum for Cultural Heritage and Tradition (IFCHAT) has urged External affairs, Defence Minister and Kerala Chief Minister to intervene.
Austin Paul, president of the Kochi based forum said tourists from the state visiting Rome, Vatican, Milano, Pisa, had complained about the harassment.
Forum urged the Indian government to take up the matter with Italian authorities and ensure the safety of NRIs and pilgrims.
Two Italian marines who had shot and killed two Indian fishermen from a cargo vessel off Kerala coast last year had been arrested and are facing murder charges.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!