‘NRIs, tourists being harassed in Italy’
Kochi: Alleging that NRIs and tourists from Kerala were being harrassed in Italy in the backdrop of Italian marines case, the International Forum for Cultural Heritage and Tradition (IFCHAT) has urged External affairs, Defence Minister and Kerala Chief Minister to intervene.
Austin Paul, president of the Kochi based forum said tourists from the state visiting Rome, Vatican, Milano, Pisa, had complained about the harassment.
Forum urged the Indian government to take up the matter with Italian authorities and ensure the safety of NRIs and pilgrims.
Two Italian marines who had shot and killed two Indian fishermen from a cargo vessel off Kerala coast last year had been arrested and are facing murder charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport