‘NRIs, tourists being harassed in Italy’
Kochi: Alleging that NRIs and tourists from Kerala were being harrassed in Italy in the backdrop of Italian marines case, the International Forum for Cultural Heritage and Tradition (IFCHAT) has urged External affairs, Defence Minister and Kerala Chief Minister to intervene.
Austin Paul, president of the Kochi based forum said tourists from the state visiting Rome, Vatican, Milano, Pisa, had complained about the harassment.
Forum urged the Indian government to take up the matter with Italian authorities and ensure the safety of NRIs and pilgrims.
Two Italian marines who had shot and killed two Indian fishermen from a cargo vessel off Kerala coast last year had been arrested and are facing murder charges.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'