‘NRIs, tourists being harassed in Italy’
Kochi: Alleging that NRIs and tourists from Kerala were being harrassed in Italy in the backdrop of Italian marines case, the International Forum for Cultural Heritage and Tradition (IFCHAT) has urged External affairs, Defence Minister and Kerala Chief Minister to intervene.
Austin Paul, president of the Kochi based forum said tourists from the state visiting Rome, Vatican, Milano, Pisa, had complained about the harassment.
Forum urged the Indian government to take up the matter with Italian authorities and ensure the safety of NRIs and pilgrims.
Two Italian marines who had shot and killed two Indian fishermen from a cargo vessel off Kerala coast last year had been arrested and are facing murder charges.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Committee flags gaps, vulnerability in Indo-Pak border fencing
- Argentine football legend Diego Maradona's passport stolen, unable to travel to Dubai
- RBI calls for ownership change of companies with sticky loan accounts
- Building a sports culture crucial to winning medals at Olympics: Pullela Gopichand
- Maharashtra, Haryana Assemblies unanimously ratify GST Bill