‘NRIs, tourists being harassed in Italy’
Kochi: Alleging that NRIs and tourists from Kerala were being harrassed in Italy in the backdrop of Italian marines case, the International Forum for Cultural Heritage and Tradition (IFCHAT) has urged External affairs, Defence Minister and Kerala Chief Minister to intervene.
Austin Paul, president of the Kochi based forum said tourists from the state visiting Rome, Vatican, Milano, Pisa, had complained about the harassment.
Forum urged the Indian government to take up the matter with Italian authorities and ensure the safety of NRIs and pilgrims.
Two Italian marines who had shot and killed two Indian fishermen from a cargo vessel off Kerala coast last year had been arrested and are facing murder charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!