Nurses strike ends in Thrissur
Kochi: The 78-day strike by nurses of a
private hospital in neighbouring Thrissur district has been called off.
The strike was settled yesterday following discussions, the mediation centre of the Kerala High Court had with the management and nurses since the past five days.
The nurses would be reinstated, with the condition that they would have to forego 12 days salary, mediation centre sources said.
Totally 187 nurses were on strike of which 15 had been suspended by the management.
The management also decided to keep in abeyance the suspension of 15 other nurses for completing the inquiry against them. They would be allowed to sign the attendance register and avail the salary, but they cannot join for work, the sources said.
It was also decided that all nurses would work for 12 days without salary to enable management of the private Mothers hospital to admit patients.
The nurses of the hospital went on strike demanding, among other things, hike in salaries.
The Management of the Hospital approached the High Court for declaring the strike illegal following which the matter was referred to the Kerala High Court`s mediation centre.
Expressing solidarity with the striking nurses, nurses of various other hospitals in Thrissur district had also go on strike since the past few days.
These nurses would be reinstated in service, but they will not be entitled to get a salary for two days, it was stated.
As per the agreement, the nurses cannot go on a strike without a 14-day notice to the management and the mediation centre.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway