Pension for journalists in Kerala to be increased
Kochi: The Kerala Government would soon increase pension for journalists, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said here on Sunday.
However, the quantum of increase will be decided after consultation with Finance Minister KM Mani, he said while inaugurating the state conference held by Senior Journalist Forum-Kerala here.
The views of the Cabinet would also be taken into account for this, he said.
Journalists play an important role in protecting democracy, he said, adding that there is a vast difference in the approach to various issues and functioning of the present crop of scribes and those of yesteryears.
It was pointed out at the forum that the monthly pension for journalists in Tamil Nadu was Rs 6,000 while it was Rs 4,000 in Kerala.
State Ministers KC Joseph, Ibrahim Kunju and K Babu were also present at the event.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II