Plea to restructure liquor policy
Kochi: The Tourism Industry Coordination Council has urged the state government to totally restructure the liquor policy by amending rules.
Various associations representing tourism industry has proposed total deregulation in production and distribution of liquor in the state stating that uncertainty in formulating liquor policies, confusion in implementing the regulations and restricting the licenses only to 5 star hotels will severely hit the tourism industry.
In a statement here, Johny Abraham George, President, Kerala Travel Mart, Gopinath, President Association of Approved and Classified Hotels of Kerala and Jose Dominic, Past President KTM and TIE Kerala, urged the government to amend the rules in the liquor policy and provide licences to one star hotel and reinstate the issuance of licence to leading restaurants.
The license fees for Bars should be brought down to Rs 10 lakh and Rs 5000 for Beer and Wine parlours, the council said.
The council also urged issuance of licences to house boats, home stays, serviced villas and major restaurants which will boost the industry.
The government`s plans to limit liquor permits only to 5 star hotels will not help the industry, it said, adding, majority of tourists depend on other hotels and resorts and denial of liquor will make it less attractive.
Kerala Government had recently refrained from renewing the licenses of 418 bars in the state stating that they had to upgrade themselves.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy