RMP leader was offered protection: Chandy
Kannur: Rejecting the charge that adequate protection was not given to slain RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Thursday said security was offered but the late leader had declined to accept it.
"Police had offered protection and had also compelled him (Chandrasekharan) to avail it. But, Chandrasekharan had refused to accept police protection," he told reporters here.
Senior BJP leader O Rajagopal has alleged though both Chandy and Union Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran knew about the threat faced by Chandrasekharan, police protection was denied to him.
Chandy also said the probe into the last month murder of Chandrasekharan was moving in the right direction and the conspirators would be nabbed.
Referring to the CPI(M) protest march to police stations protesting "harassment" of party workers, the Chief Minister said "the governnment will not succumb to threats".
Some CPI-M activists have been arrested in connection with the murder of the RMP leader, a Marxist rebel.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents