Shweta Menon molestation case: Congress MP booked
Kochi: The Kollam Police on Sunday registered a case against Congress MP N Peethambara Kurup for allegedly molesting Malayalam actress Shweta Menon.
Earlier in the day, the Kollam District Congress Committee backed Kurup who is accused by Shweta of groping her at a crowded public event.
Shweta alleged that the lawmaker tried to grope her during a boat race on Friday in Kollam where she was one of the guests of honour. On Saturday, she showed the "visuals" on the TV channels where the lawmaker is shown getting close to her during the boat race.
A team of four police officials from Kollam visited Shweat on Sunday at her flat here and took her statement on the sequence of events.
After 90 minutes, the police team came out, but refused to talk to the waiting media. The actress didn`t speak either and left for Bangalore with her family.
Meanwhile, sources close to the actress revealed that she will meet Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Tuesday to file an official complaint.
(With IANS inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'