Shweta Menon molestation case: Congress MP booked
Kochi: The Kollam Police on Sunday registered a case against Congress MP N Peethambara Kurup for allegedly molesting Malayalam actress Shweta Menon.
Earlier in the day, the Kollam District Congress Committee backed Kurup who is accused by Shweta of groping her at a crowded public event.
Shweta alleged that the lawmaker tried to grope her during a boat race on Friday in Kollam where she was one of the guests of honour. On Saturday, she showed the "visuals" on the TV channels where the lawmaker is shown getting close to her during the boat race.
A team of four police officials from Kollam visited Shweat on Sunday at her flat here and took her statement on the sequence of events.
After 90 minutes, the police team came out, but refused to talk to the waiting media. The actress didn`t speak either and left for Bangalore with her family.
Meanwhile, sources close to the actress revealed that she will meet Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Tuesday to file an official complaint.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand