Splinter groups, individuals in Kerala in touch with AAP
Thiruvananthapuram: Some splinter political groups and individuals in Kerala are in touch with the Aam Aadmi Party, which has set up a unit in Kerala following its success in Delhi assembly polls.
Though the name of an LDF-independent MLA came up in this regard, he later refuted reports that he had made up his mind to join AAP jettisoning the Left which backed him in the assembly polls.
Noted Malayalam writer and activist Sara Joseph last week made a public announcement on joining AAP, which she saw as a clean political movement with a firm commitment to fight corruption.
The Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP), comprising mostly former CPI(M) activists, is in touch with AAP`s national leadership to explore the possibility of striking an alliance with the party in the coming Lok Sabha polls.
PTA Rahim, LDF-independent MLA from Kunnamangalam in Kozhikode district, said it was true that he had exchanged views with some local AAP functionaries but this would not mean that he was going to join that party.
After local news channels broke reports on this, Rahim denied that he would be quitting the LDF.
While agreeing that talks were in progress with AAP leaders, RMP leader Hariharan said nothing concrete had emerged so far.
RMP was floated by former Marxist T P Chandrasekharan, who was murdered brutally in May 2012 near Vatakara in Kozhikode district.
Several local CPI(M) leaders have figured as accused in the murder case, verdict of which is to be pronounced by the court this month end.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’