Splinter groups, individuals in Kerala in touch with AAP
Thiruvananthapuram: Some splinter political groups and individuals in Kerala are in touch with the Aam Aadmi Party, which has set up a unit in Kerala following its success in Delhi assembly polls.
Though the name of an LDF-independent MLA came up in this regard, he later refuted reports that he had made up his mind to join AAP jettisoning the Left which backed him in the assembly polls.
Noted Malayalam writer and activist Sara Joseph last week made a public announcement on joining AAP, which she saw as a clean political movement with a firm commitment to fight corruption.
The Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP), comprising mostly former CPI(M) activists, is in touch with AAP`s national leadership to explore the possibility of striking an alliance with the party in the coming Lok Sabha polls.
PTA Rahim, LDF-independent MLA from Kunnamangalam in Kozhikode district, said it was true that he had exchanged views with some local AAP functionaries but this would not mean that he was going to join that party.
After local news channels broke reports on this, Rahim denied that he would be quitting the LDF.
While agreeing that talks were in progress with AAP leaders, RMP leader Hariharan said nothing concrete had emerged so far.
RMP was floated by former Marxist T P Chandrasekharan, who was murdered brutally in May 2012 near Vatakara in Kozhikode district.
Several local CPI(M) leaders have figured as accused in the murder case, verdict of which is to be pronounced by the court this month end.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP