Ten-hour hartal to protest attack on activists in Kerala
Kozhikode: The ten-hour hartal called by the United Democratic Front and BJP in protest against the attack on a sit-in organised by the Azhimathi Virudha Janakeeya Munnani, in Kozhikode district affected normal life Tuesday.
DYFI activists had allegedly attacked the activists of the anti corruption forum last evening.
Students and office goers, who depend mostly the city bus services, were the most affected with rains adding to their woes.
Most of the business establishments remained closed.
Buses, taxis and autorickshaws did not operate their services in the first four hours of the hartal which began at 6 AM.
No untoward incidents were reported in the city so far, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?