Ten-hour hartal to protest attack on activists in Kerala
Kozhikode: The ten-hour hartal called by the United Democratic Front and BJP in protest against the attack on a sit-in organised by the Azhimathi Virudha Janakeeya Munnani, in Kozhikode district affected normal life Tuesday.
DYFI activists had allegedly attacked the activists of the anti corruption forum last evening.
Students and office goers, who depend mostly the city bus services, were the most affected with rains adding to their woes.
Most of the business establishments remained closed.
Buses, taxis and autorickshaws did not operate their services in the first four hours of the hartal which began at 6 AM.
No untoward incidents were reported in the city so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Karan Johar is keen to watch THIS Bollywood release! Any guesses?
- 12 killed as violence mars Bangladesh local body polls
- Assault on Africans: Eight held, Home Minister Rajnath Singh asks police to ensure safety
- Must watch VIDEO: When James Vince, Joe Root teamed-up to take possibly the best slip catch in Test cricket history
- Arun Jaitley seeks Japanese investments; meets SoftBank CEO