Ten-hour hartal to protest attack on activists in Kerala
Kozhikode: The ten-hour hartal called by the United Democratic Front and BJP in protest against the attack on a sit-in organised by the Azhimathi Virudha Janakeeya Munnani, in Kozhikode district affected normal life Tuesday.
DYFI activists had allegedly attacked the activists of the anti corruption forum last evening.
Students and office goers, who depend mostly the city bus services, were the most affected with rains adding to their woes.
Most of the business establishments remained closed.
Buses, taxis and autorickshaws did not operate their services in the first four hours of the hartal which began at 6 AM.
No untoward incidents were reported in the city so far, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why