10 Congressmen injured in protest against potholes
Indore: At least ten party men were Wednesday injured as police resorted to a lathi charge to disperse scores of Congressmen blocking the AB highway demanding repair of potholes in the entire city.
Furious over potholes on roads during ongoing rainy season causing inconvenience to public, Indore district Congressmen led by Jitu Patwari held a protest-cum-sit-in on the main highway connecting Agra-Bombay via Indore at Choitharam circle and Falbag area here amid drizzling, the police said.
The police had to use force to disperse the crowd and clear the traffic which they had jammed for over 30 minutes, a senior police official from Rajendra Nagar police station said.
District Congress leader Patwari told a news agency that at least ten party men and a couple of lensmen were beaten up by cops, followed by a heavy lathi charge on them. Many of them were given first aid, he said.
"We also did not want to stop traffic on the road, but the district administration did not care for our protest and no one from the collector`s office turned up to pay heed to our demands," he said.
Nobody has been arrested in the matter, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot