2010 encounter in Morena was fake: Judicial probe
Morena: A magisterial probe has
concluded that an encounter which took place in November 2010
in Morena district, in which four alleged dacoits were killed,
Four alleged dacoits belonging to Mainpuri in Uttar
Pradesh were killed in the encounter with police on November
22, 2010 near Phute Balaji temple in Jatouli ravines under
Tentra Police Station.
The judicial probe was conducted by Additional Collector
A V Singh. Singh recently submitted his report to the Morena
Collector, D D Agrawal, sources said today.
Sanju Bais, Guddu Singh Bais, Sone Singh Bais and Anil
Kacchi were killed in the encounter. The then Superintendent
of Police, Gaurav Rajput, had described them as notorious
criminals. Police claimed to have recovered weapons from them.
But the probe found that only Sanju was carrying a reward
of Rs 7,500 on his head. Anil Kacchi had no criminal record
None of the policemen was injured, while it appeared that
alleged dacoits had been shot without any provocation, report
The family members of the victims had approached the
higher officials of the state government following which a
report was sought.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand